The Iris 50 compass is clear evidence that a sturdy marine compass no longer needs to look austere.
• Good protection against hard knocks : the smooth finish feels soft in your hand, and it will not slip, even if it is wet.
• Outstanding legibility of the card, with one-degree graduations.
• No parallax error : a prism projects the reading of the bearing to infinity. This also contributes to a more comfortable operation, as you do not need to alternate close-reading to read the card and infinite-reading to take bearings.
• Optimum conditions to take bearings, thanks to the superb card stability and the wide 20° field of view, which will accommodate the roughest sea conditions.
• Most accurate bearing : the pivot and very hard stone are a guarantee of long life and shock resistance of your compass.
• Soft bottom cell : engineered using ultra-sonic welding, it acts like an expansion diaphragm, preventing the formation of bubbles and leaks.
• Built-in photoluminescent lighting, completely maintenance-free, impervious to corrosion, operates without batteries or radio-active tritium.
• Course reading from above the compass : you can read your compass like a standard compass, with no need to look through the prism.